Moving Agents Near You
Redding, California Moving Companies
North American Van Lines: The Best of Redding Moving Companies
Redding is a beautiful community of more than 90,000 residents that lies in northern California near the northernmost portion of the Sacramento Valley in Shasta County. According to City-Data, Redding is a fast-growing community, with a more than 12 percent jump in population from 2000 to 2012. The median household income is also growing here despite the cost of living index being more than 6 points below the national average, showing that Redding is charming, family-friendly and affordable place to relocate to.
Redding calls itself "Your Passport for Adventure," and rightfully so. There are plenty of opportunities to explore the great outdoors in Redding, especially when it comes to mountain climbing, winter sports, hiking and fishing.
Activities and attractions in Redding
Perhaps the most iconic attraction in the city is the Sundial Bridge, which doubles as one of the world's largest sundials and a beautiful architectural marvel that crosses over the Sacramento River.
If you are an outdoor enthusiast or nature lover, you can take your pick of green spaces and wonders to choose from. There is Castle Crags State Park, which is considered the best place to lace up your boots and go for hike in the city. Redding also runs along the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway, which connects Oregon's Crater Lake to Lassen Volcanic National Park. This is an excellent spot for a carside view of Redding's natural beauty.
Fan of America's pastime? Redding houses a baseball lover's paradise at Big League Dreams Sports Park, which features smaller replicas of Fenway Park, Wrigley Field and Yankee Stadium.
There are also several wineries near Redding where you can sip and swirl to your heart's content, including Alpen Cellars, Anselmo Vineyards and Cedar Crest Vineyards. Fans of beer will enjoy Wildcard Brewing Company, which is located on Crossroads Drive.
Museums are also prominent in Redding and include the Northern California Veterans Museum & Heritage Center, the Sisson Museum and the Fort Crook Museum.
Moving to Redding
Head north on Interstate 5 and you will run straight into Redding, it's that easy. It's one of the few stops that you will see before wandering into the surrounding parks, so it's simple to find. Redding lies between Sacramento and Medford, Ore., so big-city access isn't too far away as well. If you need assistance with your relocation to Redding, North American Van Lines can offer services such as clean-up services and assembly to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Top States to Move to From California:
- Moving from California to Arizona
- Moving from California to Austin
- Moving from California to Colorado
- Moving from California to Florida
- Moving from California to Georgia
- Moving from California to Las Vegas
- Moving from California to Michigan
- Moving from California to New Jersey
- Moving from California to New York
- Moving from California to North Carolina
- Moving from California to Oklahoma
- Moving from California to Oregon
- Moving from California to South Carolina
- Moving from California to St. Louis
- Moving from California to Tennessee
- Moving from California to Texas
- Moving from California to Utah
- Moving from California to Virginia
- Moving from California to Washington