Interstate Movers that Meet Your Needs
Whether you are moving to a neighboring state or from coast to coast, North American Van Lines has the expertise, resources and network to ensure a seamless relocation anywhere in the country.
Request a free moving estimate or Instaquote above.
Provide contact information and your ideal move date so a moving specialist can reach out to you.
Upon accounting for any special items, we provide recommendations that make budgeting your move more cost effective.
Moving Cost Revealed
Finally, we provide your total moving cost which will be more accurate than any online quoting.
As an industry-leading van line, we have more than 300 agents throughout the United States ready to handle your move. That means that no matter where you’re headed, we’re the company to get you there. So you might be asking, how is North American different than other movers?
- North American Van Lines
- Two Men and a Truck
|North American Van Lines||Two Men and a Truck||U-Pack®||PODS|
|Online Reviews (Move.org)||4||4||3.5||3.2|
|Type of Mover||Full Service||Full Service||Hybrid |
(You pack/they drive)
(You pack/they drive)
|Years of Experience||84 Years||33 Years||21 Years||20 Years|
|Packing & Unpacking Services||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|BBB Accredited Business||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
In addition to a stress-free relocation, we also realize that you want your cross country move to be cost-effective. This is why we provide affordable services that cater to your needs. Whether you are moving a home, car, business or specialty items, using North American Van Lines as your interstate movers you benefit from our competitive pricing model for a move within your budget.
Full-range of Services
Regardless of how simple or complex your move, we have a solution for you. Our comprehensive range of services ensures that we can accommodate your every need, from the packing and crating to vehicle shipping, third party services and beyond. Need us to assemble a swing set? Do you have antiques that require extra special packing care?
Concerned with how to get your vehicle from New York City to LA? Don't worry, we have you covered. There is no request too small or too large for us to handle, which is why you can depend on us for your interstate move.
When choosing between interstate moving companies, you want one that believes in a comprehensive relocation that caters to your unique needs – especially when moving a long distance. It’s important to find a company that will reduce the stress of moving across the country, performing secure and efficient moves, no matter where you are moving.
Don't just choose any moving company; choose North American Van Lines and discover a company with unparalleled services, decades of experience and complete moving resources.
Get your move started, and get an instant online quote above! We are looking forward to working with you.
Interstate Moving FAQs
How much does an interstate move cost?
The best way to find out how much to budget for your interstate move is to get a quote. That’s because a lot of factors go into how much a move will cost. How much of the packing you opt to do yourself, whether you need storage, and how many other services you need -- all these and more go into moving quotes. North American offers everything from fragile-only packing to full service packing, as well as the best packing materials so you can do your own packing if you choose. With lots of interstate moving services and options to choose from, you can tailor your move to your budget and needs.
How long can I expect my interstate move to take?
Like the cost of your interstate move, the duration can also vary. Generally, though, it will take 2-5 business days to move your household belongings across the country.
Are your interstate moving services available anywhere in the country?
Yes! Not only do we have moving agents throughout the U.S. who can help with your interstate move, but we also work with trusted third parties when necessary. You’ll always have local movers to help you with the process of an interstate relocation when you choose North American.
- Declutter. It costs money to move things, so cut down on the number of things that need moving! Donate or sell items you no longer use, and consider using Craigslist for furniture and other large items you don’t want to take. This tip not only lowers your cost of moving, but might make you some cash that will come in handy during your interstate move.
- Itemize and organize. About 6-8 weeks before your interstate relocation, go ahead and pack up items you won’t need until after the move -- such as photo albums, off-season clothes, books and decorative items. Label each box well with the room and contents. This activity will give you a better idea of which additional packing boxes and materials you’ll need, so go ahead and order them at this point.
- Prepare for your new home and clean the old one. Four weeks or so before moving day, arrange to have the utilities and cable turned off at your old home and turned on at your new home. If you rent, do some deep cleaning as you pack so you have your best chance at getting your deposit back.
- Close accounts, transfer mail and service the car. A week or two before moving day is a good time to cancel your local gym membership and other local accounts and memberships. You can also go ahead and fill out the mail forwarding form at the post office or online. And if you’ll be driving your car during your interstate move, be sure it’s ready by getting it serviced and checked.
- Pack valuables and necessary items for the move. If an item is small, fragile or very valuable, we recommend that you transport it to your new home. Pack your jewelry and antiques and plan to take them in the car with
you if possible, as well as suitcases packed with what your family will need while on the road.
An interstate move is no time to leave tasks until the last minute, and these tips will help you prepare for your move in a more manageable and systematic way. Need more help? Our Moving Resources page offers many checklists, how-to’s and more that can make your interstate move -- or any move -- much less stressful.
What Others Are Saying
500+ agent locations
North American Van Lines has been a leader in the moving industry since 1933. With over 500 agent locations nationwide, we have movers wherever “home” is for you. We specialize in corporate relocation, long distance and local household moving.
Our experienced agents will assist you with all your needs; including packing, loading, and transporting your belongings, whether you’re headed down the street or overseas. We understand that you have more to worry about than the physical move. If our more than 80 years of reputation doesn’t entice you, read some of our testimonials and request a quote.
Additional Moving Services and Resources
Our personalized approach to moving reflects the person behind each move.LEARN MORE
Our international moving services are tailored for each movers individual needs.LEARN MORE
A company relocation program that is catered to employees and their families.LEARN MORE
Our professional movers will handle your belongings with care no matter the distance.LEARN MORE