Immigration and Customs Information

To assist you with your move, we have provided a variety of information to help you with immigration and customs documentation.

Immigration and Customs Details

North American Van lines has compiled information on the documentation required by various countries' immigration departments and various customs requirements.

Customs Forms: Australia, U.K., U.S.

We have provided a number of customs forms to help you with your move, to Australia, the U.K. or the U.S.

Download Adobe Acrobat ReaderThese forms are in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have Acrobat Reader,you can download it for free by clicking here.

To open a file, simply click the link. To download a file to your computer desktop, right click the link and choose "Save Target As..."

Customs Clearance Requirements

Customs requirements vary greatly from one country to another, and a simple oversight could result in delays, fines or even seizure of your entire shipment by foreign customs authorities. We'll keep you informed of all the changes in customs requirements, but there are some basic elements for you to keep in mind.

To be safe, don't take any of the following (and if you have any doubts, just leave it behind, or talk to your northAmerican International representative):

  • Firearms
  • Alcohol
  • Narcotics
  • Agricultural products, including houseplants and seeds
  • Pornographic materials and magazines
  • Politically sensitive materials

In most countries, your household goods and personal effects can be entered duty-free. (Note: Some items may be subject to particular provisions.) It's important to remember that any duties or taxes levied against your shipment are in addition to our charges. In most cases, you can settle your customs charges with your overseas representative. However, there are times when you'll be required to deal directly with the customs office. If that's the case, be sure to obtain an official receipt and keep it, as some duties are refundable when you leave the country.