Packing Up and Moving Out
One of the most time-consuming – and potentially stressful – parts of moving is packing up all of your belongings. It doesn’t matter how much stuff you have. It takes time to sort through it all and put everything in boxes. And unless you hire a moving company with packing services (and are willing to pay for them), you’ll be on your own for the majority of the moving process.
At North American Van Lines, we can help. We do offer packing services for those who don’t wish to jump through the hoops themselves. However, for those who do, we’ve provided a range of articles to assist you with the packing process. We help you find answers to the following questions:
- How do you wrap valuables?
- How do you move a piano?
- How should you clean your house after a move?
- What items should be professionally moved?
- What packing supplies are absolute must-haves?
- What type of food can you move?
- How do you move a home collection?
- How do you set a moving timeline?
- How do you move with kids?
- A Moving Survival Guide for Parents
We want your entire moving experience to be successful – from start to finish. Here are three tips to create a smooth packing process if you choose to forego northAmerican’s packing services:
- Tip 1: Sort your belongings as you pack. There’s absolutely no reason to bring along stuff you no longer want or need to your new home. Why pay to transport such items? Why spend time packing them? Don’t. Instead, sort your belongings into three piles: the “keep it” pile, the “toss it” pile, and the “sell it” pile. Arrange a moving sale several weeks before your move to make a little cash off those items you want to sell. Donate whatever doesn’t sell.
- Tip 2: Gather supplies from friends. Packing supplies can get a little pricey. To save a little money, ask friends if they have boxes you can borrow. Even better, ask your local grocery stores or warehouses if they have boxes you can keep – then you don’t have to worry about returning them to your friends.
- Tip 3: Host a packing party. If you want packing to go much more quickly, ask for help! Arrange an entire day of packing and ask friends and family members to stop by for any amount of time they’re able. Feed them, blast good music, and be amazed at how much more fun it is to pack with others than alone.
For more tips on packing up and moving out, or to hear more about our packing services, browse our website or contact North American Van Lines today.