northAmerican Van Lines is a proud supporter of the 2014 Habitat for Humanity Homebuilder’s Blitz and Habitat for Humanity ReStore resale outlets.
Habitat for Humanity Homebuilder’s Blitz pairs local builders with local Habitat affiliates to build a home in 5 days. Since the first event in 2002, Homebuilder’s Blitz has built more than 1,000 homes across the country.
Habitat ReStores resale outlets sell donated gently used household furniture and appliances, and use the proceeds to support the Habitat for Humanity mission. Our relationship with Habitat for Humanity provides our customers with the opportunity to support this worthwhile organization and the good works they do through donations to Habitat ReStores.
Go North Habitat for Humanity ReStore Donation Program
At northAmerican Van Lines, community is a big part of who we are.
That’s why we have joined forces with Habitat for Humanity ReStores in a unique program that helps Habitat ReStore’s keep their resale outlets stocked with merchandise so that Habitat for Humanity can continue their much-needed mission to help those less fortunate realize home ownership. The Go North Habitat for Humanity ReStore Donation program is the first national donation program between Habitat ReStore resale outlets and the moving services industry. northAmerican is proud to be a supporter of Habitat for Humanity ReStores.
Now, when you move with northAmerican, you have the opportunity to donate unwanted, gently used items to your local Habitat ReStore*. Those items are then either used in newly built Habitat homes, or sold through the Habitat ReStore, with the proceeds going to help fund builds in communities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Why donate through the Go North Habitat for Humanity ReStore Donation program? Here’s a few reasons:
- Lower move cost. By donating unwanted items, you reduce the weight of your shipment, thus reducing your move cost.
- Taxable deduction. For your donation, Habitat International will send you a donation confirmation email you can use to lower your annual tax obligation.
- Help your community. Home owners make good neighbors. Feel good knowing your donation is going to work helping Habitat build homes for worthy families in your community, and across the country.
Donating to Habitat through your northAmerican agent couldn’t be easier.
- Notify your northAmerican agent of your desire to donate at your in-home estimate. Your agent will provide you with the Go North Habitat Donation Inventory form, which will need to be completed before your move date, as well as donation stickers to place on the items being donated**.
- Complete the Go North Habitat Donation Inventory form. You can complete the form electronically and email it to your northAmerican agent or print it out and complete manually.
- Give the completed form to your northAmerican agent. You can complete the form any time before your move and email to your agent or move coordinator, or provide a printout of the completed form to your driver on move day.
- Your northAmerican agent will provide your donation to the local Habitat ReStore
- Within 90 days, you will receive a charitable contribution confirmation email from Habitat International that you can use on your taxes.
Help northAmerican and Habitat for Humanity help communities through their home building and home ownership programs, and help yourself with a lower move cost and tax deduction.
For more information on the Go North Habitat ReStore Donation Program, contact your local northAmerican agent.
Go with a mover that supports your local community. Go North.
*Not offered in all markets or through all northAmerican agents. Contact your local northAmerican agent for program details.
**You must print your last name on each donation sticker used, and place one sticker on each item you are donating.