You should transport valuable and irreplaceable items with you rather than on the truck.
In addition, there are several items that can not be put on the truck, such as explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives as well as radioactive and other hazardous materials.
Movers cannot accept flammable, corrosive or explosive goods. Typical examples of items that cannot be moved include:
- Nail polish remover
- Paints and paint thinners
- Propane cylinders
- Automotive repair and maintenance chemicals
- Oxygen bottles
Consult your Relocation Consultant for further examples and details.
Other items not recommended for transport on the van include:
- Family photos
- Food in glass jars and perishable foods
- Prescription drugs needed for immediate use
Transport items of personal importance or sentimental value with you, such as:
- Collections (e.g., coins)
- Important personal papers (e.g., deeds, wills)
- Negotiable papers (e.g., bonds, stocks, certificates)
- Moving documents