NorthAmerican.com Military Scholarship Competition 2024
At North American Van Lines, we are committed to improving the future of any and all students throughout the continental U.S. and beyond—we believe that educational quality for everyone is key in fostering a nationwide network of skilled professionals for years to come, from adults seeking continued education to those returning from active service.
Because of this belief, we are proud for the opportunity to offer our first ever Military Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Operational Management Scholarship to qualifying current or former active duty military and their dependents. Upon the contest’s completion, two winners will be chosen to receive an award of $1,000 each. Read below to bring yourself up to speed on the contest’s rules, deadlines, award process and more.
Interested? Here’s what you need to know:
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as a full time student of an accredited college/university within the United States for completion of an undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Applicants must be one of the following below:
- An honorably discharged veteran or current member of the active military (including National Guard and Reserves).
- A spouse of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran.
- A child (under age 21 or full-time student under age 23) of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran.
- Employees, professional affiliates, and agents of North American Van Lines (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including following.
- It does not exceed your expenses;
- It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board), and does not require (by its terms) that it cannot be used for qualified education expense; and
- It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
- You must be a Candidate for a Degree. You are a Candidate for a Degree if you:
- Attend a primary or secondary school or are pursuing a degree at a college or university, or
- Attend an educational institution that:
- Provides a program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation; and
- Is authorized under federal or state law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency
- Eligible educational institution. An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.
- Qualified education expenses. For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
- Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and
- Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
- Qualified education expenses do not include the cost of:
- Room and board, Travel, Research, Clerical help, or Equipment and other expenses that are not required for enrollment in or attendance at an eligible educational institution.
- Complete all required sections of our application form below.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their DD214 (member 4) or a signed letter from Command certifying active duty status.
- Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
- Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing sincere firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal. We want to know why you truly believe in logistics as the best career path for you!
- Total award - $1,000; Number of awards given – 2.
- Maximum award - $1,000 per winner.
- Award amount will be made out to your school in the form of a check, and mailed to your personal address.
- Winners will be notified via email, and on our official Logistics Scholarship homepage at (NorthAmerican.com/Scholarship/LogisticsEdu).
Copy of your most recent transcripts.
Some verification of enrollment at your college.
All applications must be complete and submitted by the deadline December, 15 2024.
DISCLAIMER: Sirva, Inc. and any related subsidiaries will not re-use, forward, or share the personal information of applicants in any way—all information submitted through the form available on this page or any alternative forms of entry are to be kept strictly confidential and used solely for the purpose of determining a winner.