BBB Honors Four Businesses with International Award
for Outstanding Leadership Character and Organizational Ethics
Four Additional Companies Named Finalists
Arlington, VA, (November 19, 2020) – The Better Business Bureau Institute for Marketplace Trust announced today the winners of the 2020 BBB International Torch Awards for Ethics. These businesses are being recognized for their outstanding commitment to leadership character, social responsibility, and high standards of organizational ethics that benefit their customers, employees and communities. The businesses selected to receive this year’s award are:
- Walden Security, Chattanooga, TN;
- Quality Controlled Manufacturing, Inc., Santee, CA;
- Black Plumbing, Abilene, TX; and
- Golden Openings, Urbandale, IA.
“This award makes a powerful statement about the commitment of companies to maintain strong relationships with their employees, and the emphasis they place on exceptional customer service,” said Melissa Trumpower, executive director of the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust. “By recognizing the exemplary commitment of this select group today, we encourage all businesses and leaders to follow the examples set by our honorees.”
Winners and finalists are selected by an independent panel of judges. Businesses are evaluated against criteria such as leadership commitment to ethical practices; communication of ethical practices; leadership practices to unify the organization; organizational commitment to performance management practices; organizational commitment to ethical human resource practices; and organizational commitment to the community. To be eligible for entry in the BBB International Torch Awards for Ethics, a business must first be a winner of their local BBB awards program.
Four additional businesses were named finalists in the 2020 competition. They are:
- Rapid Blinds & Shutters, a residential and commercial window blinds and shutters services located in Phoenix, AZ for its commitment to providing ethical salesmanship, quality workmanship, and dedication to the community.
- E.E. Ward Moving and Storage Co., located in Grove City, OH for providing service excellence for over 137 years, strengthening the company’s legacy and fostering growth and innovation within the company.
- Scottco Mechanical Contractors, Inc., a plumbing, heating, air and electrical service company located in Amarillo, TX, for maintaining positive relationships with its customer, employees, and community and for continually exceeding its customers’ expectations.
- Ability Matters, an intake/output level one waiver and Autism Scholarship Program provider agency located in Dublin, OH, for providing the highest quality of care for individuals with disabilities.
About the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust
The BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust is the educational foundation of the International Association of Better Business Bureaus and a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Its goals are to advance trust in the marketplace through programs that promote best practices and business ethics, raise consumer awareness and training about scams, fraud, and deceptive advertising, and build financial and digital literacy. The Institute offers in-person and online training, print and digital educational resources, scholarships and programs, and works with BBB offices across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Keep up to date on the latest news, industry trends and research regarding domestic and global employee moving and relocation, and commercial moving.
Or Call 800-213-4910 to start your free quote!CONTACT US NOW!
Contact our moving experts now and get started.