A Message from our CEO
By Bobbi Maniglia
Mar 19, 2020
The message, below, from the CEO of North American Van Lines, outlines the actions North American is taking and has taken to help protect its employees, Agents, suppliers, and clients and their relocating employees from COVID-19.
March 19, 2020
A Message from the CEO of North American Van Lines, Tom Oberdorf
To our Valued North American Van Lines Customers,
I want to address you, our Valued North American Van Line Customers, with an update on how North American Van Lines has been addressing the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our goal is to ensure the health and well-being of our employees as well as the assignees and relocating employees of our customers. It is critically important that we continue to take preventative and protective steps for them, all our stakeholders, and the general public welfare.
We have been closely following the daily information and recommendations provided by the World Health Organization, and the United States Center Disease Control, in addition to numerous other government and private sector health experts. We have been and will continue to implement policies and practices consistent with the guidance and directives from the applicable government agencies for our offices.
Below is a summary of the actions North American Van Lines has taken to address the pandemic. We are cognizant of the impact these actions have on our Employees, Customers, Agents, and Supply Chain Partners. Recognizing that the health and safety of our employees is paramount, we continue to recognize the importance of serving our customers. Our offices remain open and our service obligations to our customers will continue to meet and exceed the level of support and dedication that we always provide.
- We have established an executive level Coronavirus Task Force to help us navigate this unprecedented situation.
- We have set up sub taskforces to address daily operational concerns across the globe.
- Our HR, IT, Account Management and Operation Executives have and continue to make our response a key focus of their current responsibilities.
- We have transformed both our Moving Operations Conference and SIRVA University into a virtual summit and cancelled the live, in-person conferences for this year.
- We have suspended all foreign travel.
- We have limited in country travel and asked for all employees to reconsider all personal travel.
- We have instituted procedures to address exposure risks and COVID-19 illness that impacts our offices. We are encouraging meetings to be held via web-based connectivity.
- We implemented work from home policies and practices to minimize communal contact while allowing our employees to continue to work.
- We are notifying our stake holders when we become aware of exposure risks based upon Health Organization Guidance. We have placed information in our blogs and on our website Mobility Considerations for Clients in Response to COVID-19.
- We have set up regular communications and a SharePoint sites to keep our employees informed.
- We continue to remind everyone of the importance of social distancing and the need to maintain safe health and hygiene practices at work, at home and when you are out in public.For an update and reminder of additional important health and preventative steps you can take please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html, or https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
We will continue to evaluate and implement practices that we have put in place, and actions we are taking in our own offices, to protect the health and safety of our staff, Agents and suppliers, and to serve our customers.
We recognize the important and valuable service to our customers, as we help you care for your employees who are already in the stressful life situation of relocating their homes, families and jobs. It is an important service that we must continue to engage to our maximum capabilities while we address this global health crisis.
Thank you for being our valued customer. We commit that we will continue to work with you and for you as we address and respond to the COVID-19 Global Health Pandemic.
Tom Oberdorf, CEO