What's the best way to help children
adjust to all the changes of moving? While there are many answers to this question,
here are some general tips:
- Talk to your children early, openly and often about the move and what changes it
- Keep to your normal routine as much as possible, and arrange to continue your child's
current activities in the new community
- Keep favorite items (toys, books, etc.) accessible
- Have children help pack a special box with their most treasured toys - they can
even decorate the box!
- If possible, take your children to the new community before the move to introduce
them to their new surroundings
- Let your children get involved with planning and packing if possible, and ask for
their input on how they would like to decorate their new rooms
- Above all, ask for thoughts and opinions, and listen.